This salsa is a family favourite! It looks like summer on a plate and the acidity of the lime and tomato makes it a great partner to simple pan-fried or BBQ fish.
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 medium or 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely diced
- handful of coriander, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 of a red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Once you have prepped all the ingredients simply combine them gently. Check the seasoning and add more salt if required. I like to serve it straight away but if you are making a bit ahead then I would leave the coriander out, adding it just before serving.
Notes on substitutions;
There were no mango's at my local supermarket when I last made this salsa so I tried canned. I did not have high expectations but it worked perfectly well and I'd happily do so again. You can also switch out for stone fruit such as peach or nectarine.
I love green chilli but this could be red chilli or even jalapeno if you prefer. Or leave it out entirely.